Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY Dog Toys

My turn? Already? As slow as January has seemed to have gone for my family... it's still strange to think it's my turn to post!

So, big news!!! Last week, we got a puppy. A Miniature Australian Shepherd, who is probably the cutest thing ever! Look at this face! His name is Zuko and I'm in looooooove.



And that said, Ang figured I should make a dog toy for him. We started with two simpler than simple crafts. First up, a tug-of-war toy!

First, gather some old shirts. That was easy enough. (Someone needs to not take pics in the middle of the night, seriously did not realize this was as blurry as this... )

Cut off arms. Cut in strips.I don't show the cutting of the red shirt, but I did the same with it.

Knot the end. Braid it. Knot the other end. Voila! Really. That simple.

Secondly, we're going to take the arm of the shirt... and make a knot at one end.

Now we're going to roll this onto itself....

...twist... 

 roll the other way... twist again... (rinse and repeat)

 until we can knot the end making a ball of sorts.

The only thing I don't have, is a picture of my pup actually playing with these toys. Mostly because when I took pics of him, they all turned out to be blurry messes. And at the moment? He's sleeping. This is all I can see of him....

So...until next time... ciao!

Edit:
The only time my baby ever really has a derp face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment